Ferry will close Wednesday for dredging
Jun 3, 2013
The Wheatland Ferry will close Wednesday to allow dredging of the Willamette River channel.
The ferry carries cars and passengers across the river south of Dayton.
Marion County, which operates the ferry, expects the dredging to take several days. Service will resume after the channel is deepened.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Amity man reported missing (7175)
• Leaping ability (1953)
• Inmate recaptured after brief flight (1852)
• Sheriff's union endorses Casey (1732)
• Amity runs past Sheridan (1675)
• Bypass work full-bore (2)