FCI escapee captured
Feb 28, 2014
PORTLAND — The U.S. Marshals Service reports that an escapee from the Federal Correctional Institution in Sheridan was arrested Wednesday in Tijuana with the help of Mexican authorities.
Sergio Villalpando, 24, appeared in federal court Thursday in San Diego, Calif., and will be returned to Oregon.
He has been sought since last November and faces a charge of escape. Villalpando was serving a 60-month sentence at FCI/Sherian for conspiracy to import methamphetamine.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Air quality deemed unhealthy (3870)
• What's that smell? (2560)
• Linfield survives Panthers' scare (2332)
• Salem considers sidewalk smoking ban (1471)
• Olympians run away from Grizzlies (1451)
• Bypass work full-bore (1448)