Yamhill to hold pedestrian safety drill
Jul 24, 2013
YAMHILL -- Police will conduct a pedestrian safety drill Friday, July 26, at the intersection of Highways 47 and 240 in downtown Yamhill.
A decoy will cross the street repeatedly between 1 and 5 p.m. Officers will be watching traffic to make sure drivers follow pedestrian safety laws by stopping to allow the decoy to cross.
The law requires drivers to stop from the time a person steps off the curb until he reaches the opposite curb.
This is the first of three pedestrian safety drills Yamhill Police are planning this summer, Chief Gordon Rise said.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Murder weighs heavy on Dornon family (3396)
• Mac voters due costly new ballots (3388)
• Grizzlies fail to tame Broncos (1902)
• Tornado rips roofs in Longview (1571)
• Ensconced in bronze (1472)