Y-C softball slays Giants
- Mac claws back to .500
- Grizzlies shut out Forest Grove
- Pirates host hit parade
- Brosius, Smith shut out Century as Mac’s bats come alive
- Local teams hitting road for spring break
- Pitchers, dual
- Tigers earn all-state nods
- Mazama stuns Yamhill-Carlton
- Baseball, softball brackets released
- Mac baseball takes series from Spartans
Mar 31, 2014
LARKSPUR, Calif. – Yamhill-Carlton’s third game in California wasn’t quite as comfortable as the first two, but the Tigers softball team picked up its third win of the season.
Y-C pitcher Molly Smith allowed one run on five hits, walking two and striking out 11, as the Tigers improved to 3-0 overall with a 5-1 victory over Redwood of Larkspur, Calif.
Yamhill-Carlton’s Ember Armstrong went 1-for-4 with a double against the Giants, while Emily Drevdahl and Elayna Apuya each went 1-for-3.
The Tigers continue their season with a Class 4A nonleague contest Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. against Molalla at Yamhill-Carlton High School.
Yamhill-Carlton 9, La Pine 4
MADRAS – The Tigers defeated the Hawks in Class 4A nonleague play at the Madras Tournament on Friday.
Yamhill-Carlton (1-4) hosts Taft tonight at 5 p.m. The Tigers play at Newport Friday at 4:30 p.m.
Dayton baseball game canceled
The Class 3A Dayton baseball game against Class 2A Regis, scheduled for Friday at noon, was canceled due to rain. It is unlikely that the game will be made up.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• DA rules fatal police fire justified (10289)
• Late effort falls short for Linfield (1913)
• Correction: Last week's editorial (1639)
• Season of Giving 2014 (1337)