Voter turnout Tuesday 41.4 percent
May 20, 2014
Voter turnout in Yamhill County's Tuesday primary rested at 41.4 percent.
Compared to recent years, that's mid-range participation.
Turnout rose to 57.4 percent in 2008 and fell to a record-low 35 percent in 2012. It came in at 47.5 percent in 2010.
Republican turnout surpassed Democratic 50.6 to 46 percent, with non-affiliated lagging back at 25.6 percent. Because the aim of primaries is to choose major party nominees, non-affiliated voting historically runs only about half that of affiliated voting.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• McMinnville hires new city manager (2533)
• That winning feeling (1418)
• Wildcats sink Pirates' aerial attack (1347)
• Leaving the field blank (1346)
• Amity threats unfounded (1)