Voter turnout Tuesday 41.4 percent
May 20, 2014
Voter turnout in Yamhill County's Tuesday primary rested at 41.4 percent.
Compared to recent years, that's mid-range participation.
Turnout rose to 57.4 percent in 2008 and fell to a record-low 35 percent in 2012. It came in at 47.5 percent in 2010.
Republican turnout surpassed Democratic 50.6 to 46 percent, with non-affiliated lagging back at 25.6 percent. Because the aim of primaries is to choose major party nominees, non-affiliated voting historically runs only about half that of affiliated voting.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Amity teen killed in crash on Amity Road (13347)
• Country roads, take us home (2849)
• Don Iler - America takes aim, misses (2318)
• Country roads, take us home (1927)
• Women of the Yamhill Valley 2014 (1355)
• Honoring the man (1156)
• Honoring the man (1)