Volunteer Congress would solve government gridlock
Readers Forum published in print newspaper and online
Mar 10, 2013
(Readers Forum, March 8:) The solution for a gridlocked government, wrote Ivan Brewer last week, is to establish a volunteer Congress:
"Advantages of a volunteer Congress: 1. practically eliminates cronyism; 2. practically eliminates the influence of special interest groups; 3. practically eliminates partisanship; 4. practically eliminates the current gridlock in Congress; 5. practically eliminates the current power bases established over the past two centuries."
For the rest of this commentary, and other letters, click here.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Amity teen killed in crash on Amity Road (13097)
• Country roads, take us home (2774)
• Don Iler - America takes aim, misses (2219)
• Country roads, take us home (1908)
• Women of the Yamhill Valley 2014 (1186)
• Honoring the man (1004)
• Honoring the man (1)