Volunteer Congress would solve government gridlock
Readers Forum published in print newspaper and online
Mar 10, 2013
(Readers Forum, March 8:) The solution for a gridlocked government, wrote Ivan Brewer last week, is to establish a volunteer Congress:
"Advantages of a volunteer Congress: 1. practically eliminates cronyism; 2. practically eliminates the influence of special interest groups; 3. practically eliminates partisanship; 4. practically eliminates the current gridlock in Congress; 5. practically eliminates the current power bases established over the past two centuries."
For the rest of this commentary, and other letters, click here.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Ellie Gunn -The future for farming (2572)
• Compassion for kids (2564)
• Lawrence bids for seat on the bench (2414)
• ATV rider badly hurt (1887)
• Wiles ready to sit on the bench (1879)
• Cyclist struck in Amity (1)
• ATV rider badly hurt (1)