Sulfur dioxide spill closes some lanes of 99W near Newberg Thursday
Feb 20, 2014
The southbound lanes of Highway 99W near Newberg were partially closed late Thursday afternoon because of a hazardous materials spill in the area.
A spill of sulfur dioxide was reported about 3:15 p.m. just southwest of Newberg, where 99W widens into four lanes.
The southbound part of the highway was closed about 3:30 p.m., then one lane was reopened to traffic. Traffic was flowing northbound.
Fire officials said they were helping several patients get out of a nearby business, Newberg Steel and Fabrication.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Mac on a roll (5267)
• Abused Sheridan boy improving (4852)
• FCI escapee captured (3493)
• State playoff, play-in games on tap (3331)
• Good to engage owners along trail (2767)
• Harrop headed back to Boston (2442)
• Policing the streets with a smile (2073)
• Mac on a roll (2)
• Within their grasp (1)