Spill closes Highway 47 at south end of Yamhill
Jun 20, 2013
YAMHILL -- Liquid leaked from a semi-truck traiiler rig, causing a spill that has temporarily closed Highway 47 at the south end of Yamhill.
Emergency vehicles were quick to arrive on the scene of the incident, which occured about 3:45 this afternoon. ODOT is on the way.
Crews said about 20 gallons of hydraulic fluid have spilled. It is contained, but the highway wase closed until the spill is cleared up.
Drivers headed north or south on Highway 47 should look for alternate routes around the spill, such as Westside Road or back roads east of 47 in the Yamhill area.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Mac on a roll (4682)
• Abused Sheridan boy improving (3855)
• Reaching the Century Club (3560)
• Seniors sent off in style (3143)
• FCI escapee captured (3049)
• State playoff, play-in games on tap (2886)
• What's your phobia? (2591)
• Good to engage owners along trail (1954)
• Mac on a roll (1)