Post wins GOP nod in District 25
- Final election results show no changes
- Svenson holds lead in latest ballot run
- Ethics complaint filed against Nearman
- Svenson squeaks to victory
- Weidner wins another term
- Primozich prevails over Peralta
- McMinnville voters pass $24 million street bond
- Thatcher moving to Senate
- Chehalem's pool bond passes, Carlton's fails
- Sheridan measures win big
May 20, 2014
Conservative talk show host Bill Post of Keizer won the Republican nomination for state representative from District 25, collecting more than 75 percent of the vote in early returns from Marion and Yamhill Counties.
No Democratic filed, making Post a virtual shoo-in for the seat being vacated by fellow Keizer Republican Kim Thatcher. Thatcher is making a bid to move up to the Senate.
Post had nearly 2,900 votes in the district, which encompasses Newberg and St. Paul on the Yamhill County side of the river, but skirts Dundee. His opponent, Barbara Jensen, had 900 votes.
Post recently suspended his show in order to comply with Federal Communication Commission fairness rules.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Remembering Parker (3340)
• Triumph and tragedy (2465)
• Indulge Fall 2014 (1810)