Plane smashes into house in northwest McMinnville
Oct 28, 2013
A small plane smashed into a house at 22nd and Elm streets about 1 o'clock Monday afternoon.
The first law enforcement officers on scene said the plane hit the garage and ended up inside the house. Neighbors said the pilot died in the crash.
The single-engine plane is registered to an owner in Sheridan. It is a Lancair 0-235, a small aircraft classified as experimental.
A woman in the residence and her pets escaped harm, although they were in the house when the plane hit about 1 p.m.. She said she was sitting about three feet away from the impact site.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3827)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3432)
• E. coli warning issued for river (2602)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2448)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2266)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1883)