Newberg man arrested on sex charge
Aug 27, 2013 | 1 Comment
NEWBERG — A Newberg man has been arrested by Newberg-Dundee police for allegedly sexually assaulting a child he was babysitting.
Police identified the suspect as Gregory Allen Fowler, 53. He was charged with one count of first-degree unlawful sexual penetration, a Class A felony and Measure 11 offense punishable by a lengthy mandatory minimum prison sentence. He is lodged in the Yamhill County Jail on $150,000 bail.
Police received information regarding a child who reportedly had been abused by a babysitter. The alleged crime occurred within the city of Newberg.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Mac on a roll (4697)
• Abused Sheridan boy improving (3899)
• Reaching the Century Club (3570)
• Seniors sent off in style (3157)
• FCI escapee captured (3098)
• State playoff, play-in games on tap (2897)
• What's your phobia? (2598)
• Good to engage owners along trail (1965)
• Mac on a roll (1)