Newberg man arrested on sex charge
Aug 27, 2013 | 1 Comment
NEWBERG — A Newberg man has been arrested by Newberg-Dundee police for allegedly sexually assaulting a child he was babysitting.
Police identified the suspect as Gregory Allen Fowler, 53. He was charged with one count of first-degree unlawful sexual penetration, a Class A felony and Measure 11 offense punishable by a lengthy mandatory minimum prison sentence. He is lodged in the Yamhill County Jail on $150,000 bail.
Police received information regarding a child who reportedly had been abused by a babysitter. The alleged crime occurred within the city of Newberg.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Air quality deemed unhealthy (3980)
• What's that smell? (3063)
• Linfield survives Panthers' scare (2415)
• Bypass work full-bore (1787)
• Olympians run away from Grizzlies (1669)
• Salem considers sidewalk smoking ban (1538)