Incumbent wins Yamhill mayor's race
Nov 8, 2012
YAMHILL — Incumbent Paula Terp has been re-elected mayor of Yamhill.
Terp was trailing challenger Chuck Mitchell when the first two batches of ballots were counted Tuesday night. But the count was tied at noon Wednesday, and on Thursday she pulled ahead.
In Thursday’s count, Terp had 239 votes, or 52 percent, compared to Mitchell’s 215, or 48 percent.
Terp was elected mayor for the first time two years ago after eight years on the city council. Mitchell served as mayor more than a decade ago and hoped to return to the position.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Ellie Gunn -The future for farming (2576)
• Compassion for kids (2568)
• Lawrence bids for seat on the bench (2419)
• ATV rider badly hurt (1892)
• Wiles ready to sit on the bench (1885)
• Cyclist struck in Amity (1)
• ATV rider badly hurt (1)