High water will close Wheatland Ferry tonight
Mar 28, 2014
The Wheatland Ferry will close at 8 p.m. tonight due to high water, Marion County officials have announced.
The ferry just reopened Friday after being closed most of the week for removal of rocks and debris that has washed downstream due to earlier high water events. Another winter storm moved in Friday, bringing copious amounts of rain and leading to another closure.
Changing water levels affect the ferry,which carries vehicles and people across the Willamette River between Yamhill and Marion counties, near Maude Williamson Park.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3743)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3353)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2348)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2166)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1808)