Fire closes Highway 18B
Jul 19, 2013
Update: Crews are being recalled from the Telegraph Road fire, which is apparently being brought under control, and the estimate of traffic delays on Highway 18B has been reduced to under 20 minutes.
Crews are closing Highway 18B between Willamina and Sheridan, because a wildland fire is burning on both sides of the road, and is spreading rapidly. The fire has gone to a second alarm. Motorists may want to delay travel, or seek an alternate route; Tripcheck. com reports traffic delays of 20 minutes to two hours.
In an unrelated development, crews are being called to fight a wildland fire on southeast Telegraph Road.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3700)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3303)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2292)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2120)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1778)