Crashes snarl traffic on 99W, Lafayette
Nov 16, 2012
The northbound lane of Highway 99W was closed near McDonald Lane about 4:15 p.m. Friday in the wake of a serious crash. It was believed to involve at least four cars and multiple victims, some of them seriously injured.
Just minutes later, another multi-car crash occured near Lafayette Avenue's intersection with McDaniel Lane, at the railroad crossing.
One lane was closed and cars were blocking the tracks. At least three injuries were reported.
Fire trucks, ambulances and squad cars converged on both scenes. Traffic was re-routed.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3791)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3412)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2410)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2239)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1860)