Cow rescued from rural McMinnville pool
Dec 27, 2013 | 3 Comments
A cow was rescued Friday morning from an in-ground swimming pool west of McMinnville.
McMinnville firefighters responded to the call at 13104 N.W. Willis Road.
"It appeared the cow got loose and walked through a gate and fell in the pool," Fire Chief Rich Leipfert said. "It remained in the shallow end but could not get out."
Firefighters and the owner, Jeffrey Dyck, used a ramp, ropes and straps to drag, lift and pull the cow from the pool, according to Leipfert.
"After about five minutes on the ground, it got up and walked to the barn," he said.
See Tuesday's print edition for additional details.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Arrest made in blow dart assault (3848)
• Three more bodies found in Hagg Lake (3443)
• E. coli warning issued for river (2683)
• Sheriff's sergeant charged with DUII (2464)
• Signs didn't deter hunters (2280)
• Feds again rebuff Wallace Bridge (1896)