'Cats stop Case Western in its tracks
- Hoff named All-American
- White walls
- Live blog: Linfield at Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Late effort falls short for Linfield
- Hoff, Wildcats earn all-region acclaim
- Back up against the nation’s best
- Wildcats eviscerate Pride in quarters
- Widener coach's comments spark national uproar
- Linfield blasts Widener 45-7 in NCAA Division III quarterfinals
- ‘Cats prep for East Coast clash
Sep 28, 2013
By Robert Husseman
Of the News-Register
For all the eye-popping offensive numbers Linfield has put up this season, it bears repeating:
The Wildcats can play defense too.
Linfield held Case Western to five -- yes, five -- yards rushing and 89 yards of total offense as the Wildcats walloped the Spartans, 45-0, at Case Field in Cleveland, Ohio, today.
Linfield quarterback Josh Yoder completed 21 of 32 passes for 235 yards, with three touchdowns (one rushing) and two interceptions.
Running back Josh Hill scored two touchdowns on the ground for the Wildcats (4-0 overall), and running back Tavon Willis had a game-high 80 yards rushing on 15 carries.
Read more about the game in Tuesday's News-Register.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Late effort falls short for Linfield (2371)
• Correction: Last week's editorial (2055)
• Season of Giving 2014 (1602)