'Cats stop Case Western in its tracks
- Linfield coordinator Vaughan receives award
- What dreams may come
- Their season over, Wildcats go their separate ways
- Smith, 5 players honored by d3football.com
- Hoff named All-American
- White walls
- Live blog: Linfield at Wisconsin-Whitewater
- Late effort falls short for Linfield
- Hoff, Wildcats earn all-region acclaim
- Back up against the nation’s best
Sep 28, 2013
By Robert Husseman
Of the News-Register
For all the eye-popping offensive numbers Linfield has put up this season, it bears repeating:
The Wildcats can play defense too.
Linfield held Case Western to five -- yes, five -- yards rushing and 89 yards of total offense as the Wildcats walloped the Spartans, 45-0, at Case Field in Cleveland, Ohio, today.
Linfield quarterback Josh Yoder completed 21 of 32 passes for 235 yards, with three touchdowns (one rushing) and two interceptions.
Running back Josh Hill scored two touchdowns on the ground for the Wildcats (4-0 overall), and running back Tavon Willis had a game-high 80 yards rushing on 15 carries.
Read more about the game in Tuesday's News-Register.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Over 100 attend vigil for McGraw (4627)
• Gun rights advocates pack meeting (4206)
• County commissioners discuss goals (2716)