Beavers knock Grizzlies out of playoffs
- Mac basketball players earn conference honors
- Press breaks Mac's back
- McMinnville wrestlers, girls basketball advance through ranks
- Grizzlies survive Glencoe, selves
- Black and white and dreaded all over
- Spartans unprepared for Mac
- McMinnville girls basketball hosts Centennial today
- The Linfield-Mac connection
- Titans roll past Grizzlies
- Mac girls and Pioneer boys are big playoff winners
Mar 4, 2014
By Robert Husseman
Of the News-Register
BEAVERTON -- The McMinnville girls basketball team's stay in the Class 6A state playoffs proved to be a short one.
The Grizzlies turned the ball over 18 times in the first half alone and wilted under Beaverton's backcourt pressure as the Beavers won Tuesday night's Class 6A first-round contest, 73-31.
McMinnville led 7-2 at the 5-minute, 15-second mark of the first quarter before the Beavers (19-6 overall) went on a 29-5 run that ended at halftime. Beaverton extended its lead by outscoring the Grizzlies 20-11 in the third quarter, putting the game further out of reach.
Audrey McMillan and Elizabeth Logsdon each scored eight points for the Grizzlies. Danielle Hartzog and Allison Mueller each scored 18 points for the Beavers.
McMinnville ends its season with an 8-17 overall record. The Grizzlies finished six in the Class 6A Pacific Conference in 2013-14 (4-10).
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• The final flight (5296)
• Wildcats secure NCAA playoff berth (3048)
• Should dog licenses be required? (3022)
• The final flight (3)