Ballot pouring in
Nov 6, 2012
Ballots must be dropped off at the Yamhill County Clerk's Office in McMinnville or at official drop boxes around the county by 8 o'clock Nov. 6 in order to count.
It is too late to mail ballots now. They must be dropped off in person.
As of noon Monday, turnout in the Nov. 6 general election stood at 49.1 percent. And at least 3,600 ballots had yet to be processed from Monday morning collections.
The day before tonight’s 8 o’clock deadline for getting ballots in found the doors to the clerk’s office were spinning with voters coming in to deliver ballots, request replacements or update registration information.
“We’re up to our ears in ballots,” said County Clerk Becky Stern Doll.
Drop sites are as follows:
* The clerk’s office, 414 N.E. Evans St., and courthouse parking lot, Fifth and Galloway, in McMinnville.
* The police station parking lot, off Howard Street downtown, and Chehalem Park & Recreation District office, 1802 Haworth Ave., in Newberg.
* The city halls in Carlton, 191 E. Main St.; Dayton, 416 Ferry St.; Dundee, 620 S.W. Fifth St.; Lafayette, 486 Third St.; Sheridan, 120 S.W. Mill St.; Willamina, 411 N.E. C St.; and Yamhill, 205 S. Maple St.; and the city library in Amity, 307 S. Trade St.
Only News-Register subscribers can access this premium content.
To subscribe, click here. Daily, weekly, monthly and annual subscriptions available; Starting at just $2.
Already an online subscriber, please sign in:
• Green Living 2014 Spring Edition (8357)
• Compassion for kids (2375)
• Lawrence bids for seat on the bench (2294)
• Ellie Gunn -The future for farming (2293)
• Body Dysmorphism (2022)
• Cyclist struck in Amity (1)
• ATV rider badly hurt (1)